Adding your own personalized music on hold or playlists is very useful when playing custom hold messages to your callers.
Creating new Music on Hold from the MyPBX Web Admin Portal.
- Log in to your web portal admin page.
- From the left navigation pane, click Media Files to expand the list and then click Music-on-Hold.
- From the actions bar at the top right of the page, click Create Playlist button with the green plus sign.
- Enter the Name of the playlist.
- Enter the Description of the playlist so you can identify it later.
- The default settings are optimized already. Changes only required for advanced use.
- At this point you may press Save from the bottom of the window.
- Alternatively you may customize the user further throughout the tabs along the top of the new extension window.
- Once the playlist has been saved you will be able to see it in the available list and click Edit pencil icon to add music files.
- From the bottom of the new window, click browse to upload you music files to the playlist.
- Once your files have been added you can press Save from the bottom of the window to update your settings. This playlist is updated instantly across any areas that are using this playlist as the music on hold option.
Linking your playlist to areas of the system
You can link different or custom playlists to different areas of the phone system. You can assign a playlist to specific incoming DIDs, Auto Attendants as well as on extensions directly.