Inbound Routes are used in references to DID’s / Phone Numbers and how you wish to route these calls within your system. Inbound routes will display all available phone numbers (DID’s) within your account that you can apply an Inbound Route to specify how you would like callers routers when the number is dialed.
Creating new Inbound Routes from the MyPBX Web Admin Portal.
- Log in to your web portal admin page.
- From the left navigation pane, click Routes And Permissions to expand the list and then click Inbound Routes.
- In the actions bar at the top right of the page, you have 2 choices when assigning your route.
- Create Operator Managed Route is typically used for manual code to alter the path usually for Day / Night rules. More information available from Setting up Operator Managed Routes.
- Create Time Range Based Route is typically used for automatic routing based on predefined time schedules. More information available from Setting up Time Based Schedules.
- In our example we will create a route that simply routes all calls regardless of schedules and toggles.
- Click Create Time Range Based Route from the actions bar at the to right of the page.
- Select the phone number you wish to assign from the DID field.
- Enter a description from the Description field that you can identify what this route does.
- Select All Hours script from the When selection field.
- Select a script / destination you wish to use for this number from the Run Script field.
- Note: Depending on your selection, additional options will become available to ensure the call is routed to the desired destination.
- Complete any additional options that are associated with your destination.
- At this point you may press Save from the bottom of the window.
- Alternatively you may customize the user further throughout the tabs along the top of the new extension window.
Linking your Inbound Routes to specific destinations
Before planning on linking your DID’s / Phone Numbers to routes, it is important to setup where you want this number to direct to. For example if you wish to direct calls to an Auto Attendant, please ensure you have created the Auto Attendant and menu’s.
You can augment caller ID name tags to inbound routes to help identify what number your callers called. The name prefix field will be displayed before the name display when ringing your phone extension.