A2P 10DLC refers to a system that allows businesses to send Application-to-Person (A2P) type messaging via standard 10-digit long code (10DLC) phone numbers.
How does this affect me?
If you don’t need to send messages to users in the United States, the new A2P 10DLC registration system does not affect you, and you don’t need to do anything.
If your business is sending messages in the US, continue reading.
How do I register my business under the new A2P 10DLC regulation?
Under the new A2P 10DLC system, businesses are required to provide the following information to The Campaign Registry (TCR), the central hub for registering A2P 10DLC messaging campaigns.
- Brand Registration: Businesses must identify who they are to the carrier networks.
- Campaign Registration: Businesses must identify what type of messages, i.e. notifications they are sending.
Businesses are required to register with TCR after April 1, 2021 and before June 1, 2021.
If your company sends messages for your own products and services, you must register with the TCR as a direct brand.
If your company provides messaging services to other businesses, who have their own brands, you must register with the TCR as an Independent Software Vendor (ISV).
If you are a small business, you don’t need to register with TCR at this time.
What information do I need to register with TCR?
You will need the following information to register with TCR. If you are a direct brand, collate the following information about your company. If you are an ISV, you will need to collect this information about your business and your clients.
- Business Name
- Physical Address (Street, City, State/Province/Region, Postal Code, Country)
- Business Identity (Direct Customer or ISV/Reseller/Partner)
- Business Type (Sole Proprietorship/Partnership/Corporation /Co-Operative/LLC/Non-Profit)
- Company Status (Private/Public)
- Stock Ticker & Exchange (if Public)
- Business Registration Number & Type (DUNS or Business License)
- Regions of Operations
Points of Contact
Two authorized representatives with the following information:
- Phone Number
- Job Position (Director/VP/GM/General Counsel/CEO/CFO)